2020 is near!
By Courtney Becton
No matter how successful your dealership has performed every year, it is best to reevaluate your goals for the year to come. Even the best can get better, and there is always room for growth. Trends and technology tend to change, and consumer expectations grow, and so does the competition! Understand, when you come up with an idea; there is potential that someone may already have that idea as well. Think of what will set your operation apart from others. Think like a consumer. What makes you enjoy your shopping experience, and what would you like to see more of? What do you experience in retail and customer service environments that you would prefer NOT to see in your dealership?
The blueprint you want to start mapping out your plans for 2020 should include:
- Re-establish and refocus on your core mission.
- What are your objectives? Focus on the bullseye.
- How much risk are you willing to take for greater reward?
- Setting goals and intentions. Reach for the stars, you might hit the moon.
- Give your brand a facelift while keeping your unique identifiers. Your signature is priceless.
- Marketing & target market. Identify the who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- Budget planning and forecast. Know where you are going and how you will get there.
- Financial health inspection. How well is your balance sheet supporting your business?
- What can you get rid of? What initiatives are losing money? Is the juice worth the squeeze?
- Customer retention and repeat customers. Identify patterns of positive customer experiences and keep them coming back.
However, you decide to assess your operational goals for the coming year, be sure it starts with a PLAN!